The SLET Exam is organised once in a year as per accreditation of the UGC NET Bureau, New Delhi.
Name of Centres
Gauhati University, Dibrugarh University, Tezpur University, Assam University, Manipur University, Rajib Gandhi University, Tripura University, Mizoram University and Sikkim.
This Committee will be an overall supervisory policy making body and would lay down policy guidelines and exercise overall supervision on the conduct of the Test and declaration of results. It should see that the nature and design of question papers are in conformity with the UGC-NET pattern and ensure that the UGC-NET syllabi are followed in to. It should also approve the centres of examination and other matters pertaining to the conduct of the examination. U-CAT Member Secretary (UGC Official) shall be a permanent member of this Committee.
The Steering Committee should be constituted as under
- Two Vice-Chancellors of the concerned State Universities in rotation
- Two academics not below the rank of Professors (one from Science group and one form Arts group)
- State Govt. representative.
- Member Secretary of U-CAT (UGC Official).
- Member Secretary (of the designated agency) If needed, the Steering Committee may constitute an Implementation Committee to assist the Member Secretary for smooth conduct of SET.
The Committee will decide the cut-off marks in each subject for declaring the result. The Committee will not go below the minimum cut off percentage of marks decide by UGC. However, it will have the discretion to decide a higher cut off percentage of marks for any subject(s). The Committee will consist of the following members:
- Chairman of Steering Committee.
- State Government’s representative
- Two Professors of the different state Universities in rotation.
- One Professor from outside the State.
- One nominee of the U-CAT out of two nominated by UGC.
- Member Secretary, (UGC Official) U-CAT, UGC.
- Member Secretary (State Agency)